[announce] Excited and a bit nervous

Caitlyn Martin caitlyn at netferrets.net
Wed Oct 20 12:24:04 EST 1999

Hi, everyone,

I'm excited, and a bit nervous.  Tonight is the first official meeting for
Triangle LinuxChix, the Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina area chapter.  We had
an informal organizational meeting last month, but this is the real thing,
with publicity and all.  Tonight I find out if we've really got something
going here.  I hope so.  I am expecting about 20 people to show up.
(Hoping?  Praying?)

Felicia Kemp, Technical Engineer, at Red Hat Software is our very first
guest speaker, and she is doing a presentation on the new 6.1 release.  I
think that's pretty good for a first effort.  The problem is, how do I keep
it going?  How do I continue to build interest?  I've never organized a
chapter of anything before, so it's all new to me.

Anyway, if any of you are anywhere near the Triangle, please come tonight.
Details and directions are at:

http:://www.netferrets.net/trianglelinuxchix

Wish us luck!

Regards,