[announce] Triangle LinuxChix - First "official" meeting

Caitlyn Martin caitlyn at netferrets.net
Mon Oct 11 17:06:14 EST 1999

From: "Caitlyn Martin" <caitlyn at netferrets.net>

Triangle LinuxChix Inaugural Meeting

Please come on out and make our first official meeting a success.  Tell your
friends!

When:  Wednesday, October 20, 1999 at 6:30 PM
Where:  Treybrooke Clubhouse, 101 Treybrook Drive, Morrisville (directions
below)

Special Guest Speaker:  Felicia Kemp, Technical Engineer, Red Hat Software
Topic:  Red Hat Linux 6.1, a technical presentation (and possibly a demo)

Agenda:

6:30-6:40 introductions
6:40-6:50 announcements
6:50-7:00 snack, networking
7:00-7:45 Red Hat Linux 6.1 presentation
7:45-8:00 Q&A
8:00-8:30 more networking

For more information, please join our nice, low traffic, friendly mailing
list.  Subscribe at:    trianglelinuxchix-subscribe at onelist.com

Directions:

>>From Raleigh/Garner/points east:

I-40 west to exit 285, Morrisville/Aviation Pkwy.  Make a left at the top of
the ramp.  Go past route 54, Chapel Hill Road and across the railroad
tracks, then make your second right on to Church Street.  Go straight about
one mile.  There will be a construction site on your right where they will
be putting up new apartments, and a small street on your left, and that is
where you make your left turn onto Treybrooke Drive.  Make your first
possible left onto Narrow Leaf Drive.  The clubhouse is on your right.  Park
in any spot to the right, with overflow parking to the left.

>>From Durham/Chapel Hill/points west:

I-40 east to Miami Blvd., exit 281.  Make a right on Miami Blvd.  Keep going
across Page Road and the turn off for 54 west, where the Shell and BP gas
stations are.  Miami actually becomes 54 east.  The road will bend to the
left about half a mile down, and a small street will fork off to the right
at the curve and immediately go across a railroad crossing.  Take that small
road (Church Street) and go down about 3 miles.  You'll pass two cross
streets (Barbee Rd. and McCrimmon Pkwy.) and then the next possible right
opposite a construction site (which is easy to miss) is Treybrooke Drive.
There is a small green and white sign saying Treybrooke Apts.  Make your
right there, and then your first possible left onto Narrow Leaf Drive.  The
clubhouse is on your right.  Park in any spot to the right, with overflow
parking to the left.

>>From Apex/southern Cary/points south:

Take either NC 55 or Davis Drive to Morrisville-Carpenter Road, and take a
right.  You'll pass a number of new developments and come to the new
Morrisville Town Hall on your left.  Take the first left past Town Hall
(Church Street) and follow directions from Raleigh.

>>From North Raleigh:

Take your favorite road (Lynn, Milbrook, etc...) to US 70/Glenwood Avenue,
and make a right, heading west towards Durham.  Take it to the big
interchange for I-540 (exit 293), and take I-540 south to exit 2, Aviation
Parkway.  Take Aviation Parkway south past the airport and across I-40, then
follow the directions from Raleigh.