[Actionchix] Final versions of robotux are here!

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Sat Apr 1 20:39:11 EST 2006

On Sat, Apr 01, 2006, Dancer Vesperman wrote:
> This is a parade. I am a cloud. I am raining.
>
> I am not going to tell people what to do and not do about the
> licensing for these images. Only to remind them that in the past, porn
> and troll sites have tried to use the linuxchix name and logo. It's
> happened before. Someone will probably try it again.

This is a fair consideration, and probably more valid for the logo than,
say, for the design. On the other hand, creative commons-ing the logo
does not give them a right to use the *name*, because it is based on the
trademark "Linux". The CC licence would give them the right to use or
adapt the logo and look, and this is a concern, but it doesn't give them
the right to use the name.

-Mary