[Techtalk] Migrating data from Windows to Linux

Terry M. Roy tech at futurecourse.com
Tue Jun 1 00:37:47 UTC 2021

Lambert and Meryll,

Thank you for the replies.

I first tried rsync with the --no-perms flag hoping that Mint would do
its thing and put the proper directory and file permissions on the files
being copied. No such luck. I'm not sure why the --no-perms flag didn't
work but others seem to have had the same issue.

I ended up using rsync with the --CHMOD flag to set the permissions to
644 for everything, then did an exec using find to chmod the directories
to 755.

--
Terry