[Techtalk] Recommendations for Server Hosting

Maxwell B. Pearl maxwellbpearl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 21:00:56 UTC 2019

I really like Digital Ocean (https://www.digitalocean.com/). They have really reasonable prices, and easy to use services.

Peace,
Max

--------
Maxwell B. Pearl (Max)
maxwellbpearl at gmail.com
@pearlbear on Twitter
On 9/25/2019 1:45:22 PM, Kagan MacTane <kai at mactane.org> wrote:
Hi, Folks--

I have a physical server that's been parked in a place with a static IP
for a while. It's Ubuntu 16.04, running web, email (POP, IMAP, and
SMTP), and DNS for a few domains and a few users. The situation is
changing such that I can't keep it there anymore, but I don't have a
housing situation that includes static IP addresses anymore.

It seems like I need to set up a cloud or virtual or remote server
situation. Right? And migrate all users, email, etc. over to it.

Does anyone have any recommendations on good services for this? And/or
on best practices for this migration? Thank you in advance.

--
Kagan "Kai" MacTane