[Techtalk] anyone know of a simple text viewer?

Miriam English mim at miriam-english.org
Fri Jul 19 11:31:19 UTC 2019

Well, I've been searching for ages (months, off and on), trying to find
a solution, but wouldn't you know it? The minute a send a query to this
list I realise there is a way, using a simple trick:

for f in *.txt ; do leafpad "$f" ; done

This will loop through all the text files in a directory, one by one.
Each time I press CTRL-Q to close the current window the next file opens
another window. It's not exactly what I was looking for, but it is close.

Anybody know a simpler solution? Preferably one that opens files in the
same window, one after another, and which when closed quits viewing any
further files.

--
The only person that you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.
  -- Ain Eineziz