[Techtalk] FOSS Route Planning Software

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Fri Jan 25 17:44:42 UTC 2019

Sarah Newman writes:
> I'd probably start from https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Routing/online_routers .

Great place to start. I don't use routing myself, but Brouter, which
is on that list, seems to be highly regarded by the folks on the
OsmAnd list.

OsmAnd is an excellent Android/IOS open source mapping app (I've
used it for years, just not with routing). Brouter can apparently
produce routes that OsmAnd can follow (OsmAnd can do its own
routing, but it's not great at it and Brouter is apparently much
better). So those two used together might be a good solution.

        ...Akkana