[Techtalk] Grub2 entry for booting into shell

Gwen Morse gwen.morse at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 05:04:41 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 5:21 AM, A. Mani <a.mani.cms at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 5:19 PM, Gwen Morse <gwen.morse at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'd like to create a GRUB2 menu option to allow me to boot into the shell
> > from the GRUB menu.
>

> You need to edit files in /etc/grub.d and generate the required
> configuration.
>
> RTFM

This is the linuxchix techtalk list, isn't it? Did the list change, has it
stopped being a cooperative environment for women to ask Linux questions
without being brushed off with a "RTFM" response?

Should I ask on the newchix list instead?

PS - I have edited my files in /etc/grub.d and I am trying to generate the
required configuration but I'm failing. That's why I'm asking for
assistance.