[Techtalk] MIdi, QjackCtl etc.

David Sumbler david at aeolia.co.uk
Wed Sep 30 10:58:52 UTC 2015

Thanks for the help you gave me regarding getting jack etc. working on
my machine.  I also had some help from the Linux Audio Users list, which
you pointed me to.

The main thing was getting rid of PulseAudio.  I had installed the
packages which are supposed to solve this problem, but had no success in
getting things to work.  Eventually I used Carla's instructions on Linux
Planet to get rid of PulseAudio altogether when I want to use the MIDI
editor.

I can now input music from my electric piano into Qtractor, hear what I
am doing, and edit it to my heart's content.

Thanks for all the help.

David