[Techtalk] sharing mobile broadband on wired LAN

John Clarke johnc+linuxchix at kirriwa.net
Tue Nov 3 03:50:27 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 02, 2015 at 07:29:06PM -0800, Carla Schroder wrote:

Hi Carla,

> failed. The two PCs on 192.168.2.0 see each other fine. But PC2 cannot
> connect to the Velocity on 192.168.1.0. Yes, IPv4 forwarding is on PC1.

What does the routing table on PC2 look like?  Is its default gateway PC1
or something else?

What do you see when you run "tcpdump -ni wlan0" on PC1 and "ping
192.168.1.1" on PC2?  Do you see ping packets from PC1 and a reply from
the Velocity?  If you don't see the ping on wlan0, do you see it on
eth0?

> $ipt -A FORWARD -i $WAN_IFACE -o $LAN_IFACE -m state --state
> ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT $ipt -A FORWARD -i $LAN_IFACE -o
> $WAN_IFACE -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

Is this just a formatting error in your email?  If this is really what's
in your script, then it's probably why PC2 can't get to anything except
PC1.

Cheers,

John

--
"How is it that I have root access when my weakness for abusing power
is so apparent?"