[Techtalk] Phenology/Citizen Science nature logging frameworks?

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Mon Nov 2 16:31:07 UTC 2015

Conor Daly writes:
> Have you seen the USA National Phenology Network ( https://www.usanpn.org/ )
> and, specifically, their "Nature's Notebook" observing program?
>
> While not running on open source software (as far as I can see) they
> appear to have an open data policy.

I have, but they only let you monitor a very limited list of species
-- none of which occur here. I want to be able to note any species
or occurrence I find interesting, whether or not the USNPN currently
has a study going on it. There are some indicator species here that
local biologist are concerned about even though they're not on the
USNPN's radar ... they may turn out to be important some day.

        ...Akkana