[Techtalk] Detection of mouse-clicks and/or keypresses in Python

Miriam English mim at miriam-english.org
Wed Jun 3 23:10:52 UTC 2015

Hi David,

Detecting mouse and key events is easy in pygame. It is a bunch of
modules that you simply import into python.

There are some easy-to-follow examples in the pygame installation, there
are hundreds more examples on the site or linked to from it, and they
have a very active and helpful email list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pygame
http://www.pygame.org

You might find most useful:
http://www.pygame.org/docs/ref/key.html
http://www.pygame.org/docs/ref/mouse.html
http://www.pygame.org/docs/ref/event.html

With pygame you don't need to use delays. It will tell you when
something happens.

Hope this helps,

	- Miriam