[Techtalk] pulseaudio defaults help

Trish Fraser trish at thefrasers.org
Wed Jun 3 03:24:33 UTC 2015

Hi Carla,

> I want to assign audio device defaults like Skype > built-in analog
> stereo, and music (like Banshee) to USB Audio Device. After much
> effort and research I am sadly thinking this is not possible. PA
> doesn't even remember my default Source and Playback streams, but
> changes them randomly when it's bored. I'm using the graphical tools
> like pavucontrol and padevchooser.

This might help for some of it - I've let Skype have the USB headset,
but it causes problems because I can't hear the ring when I'm away from
the desk. So in Options, Notifications, Advanced I have

/usr/bin/play /usr/share/skype/sounds/CallRingingIn.wav repeat 3

which rings on the speaker. I had to mess with the number of repeats to
get it right - if you pick up the call before it completes the repeats,
it just keeps going...

Cheers,

--
Trish Fraser, VVMZ4 91L2V -35.67910, 142.66607
Wed Jun  3 13:22:14 AEST 2015