[Techtalk] Munging and Wrapping - Thunderbird and Gmail web interface results

Terry tech at futurecourse.com
Tue Aug 4 13:49:36 UTC 2015

Thanks to everyone who's participated in testing.  I'll put together a
condensed version of everyone's reports for the different MUAs and we
can put that up on the website when we're done testing.

We still haven't had anyone with a Yahoo address sign up so I can switch
it to selective munging and test that. If no one does, I will use a
really old one I have if it's still valid and switch it to selective
munging and send a couple of mails to see what happens.

In theory, there should be no difference in how it works except the
"Poster via Listname" part appearing in only some messages.

On 03/08/2015 10:13, Akkana Peck wrote:

<snipped>

> So even though replying isn't a hassle with mutt, I agree with Terry
> that the munging option is clearly better.
>
> And by fiddling with mutt settings I can reduce at least most of the
> annoyance of munging. I still don't like it much, but we do have to do
> something, and it seems like non-selective munging is most people's
> preference so far.
>
>         ...Akkana

Since the changes were in .muttrc, I assume they're global.  (No clue
about Mutt) If so, then selective munging would probably not affect you
adversely.  I guess we'll see.  :)

--
Terry