[Techtalk] finding bad files

John Sturdy jcg.sturdy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 17:02:28 UTC 2015

With the caveat that sometimes the network (phone company) connection
can be more exposed to lightning than the power one, and if you've got
an electrical storm approaching, it could make sense to unplug that
too; I've seen a modem card (in the days of dialup) blown by a strike
further down the street.

Even with solar power and batteries you could be affected by
lightning; my concern is that solar panels tend to be mounted quite
high up, and may make good lightning targets.