[Techtalk] Collaborating on websites without ssh

Miriam English mim at miriam-english.org
Mon Sep 1 09:32:26 UTC 2014

I often use wget for downloading because I can mirror my directory
structure and set it to ignore old files. See the section on time
stamping in the manual for wget.
https://www.gnu.org/software/wget/manual/

I sometimes use wput for uploading. I believe it can be used to mirror
directory structures (I haven't used it for that so I can't really
comment) and it supports timestamping and conditional uploading.
http://wput.sourceforge.net/

I keep looking for a better text editor and recently read about a weird
one, called "gobby", which stuck in my mind because it is a
collaborative editor -- several people can work on shared documents
simultaneously. It may be of use to you.
http://gobby.0x539.de/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gobby
There's a YouTube video about it that shows the surprising way it works:
http://youtube.com/v/QCDEgvz_Rqw

Best wishes,

	- Miriam