[Techtalk] LogMeIn Hamachi for Linux

R. Daneel Olivaw rdaneel.olivaw at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 16:53:42 UTC 2013

Hi there,

I know Hamachi has appeared a couple of years ago, using some tricks to
make the kind of thing network-to-network VPNs do.

If your want to use something like logmein (which I do not use) I could
advise TeamViewer instead. This is a remote desktop control system just
as logmein is, that has file transfer capabilities. It works well cross
platform and I have used it for a couple of years now
(linux-mac-windows, in any combination)

As I use ssh for most of my remote work (including file transfer), I
prefer it over vpn as long as you're not doing complex full subnet routing.

HTH,

R. Daneel Olivaw,
The Human Robot Inside.