[Techtalk] alternatives to Network Manager

Alison Chaiken alchaiken at gmail.com
Tue May 28 05:46:41 UTC 2013

MG Monza, asking about connman:
> Will this work alongside NM?

I've only used connman on systems where NM was failing, but if NM
isn't working, you have nothing to lose.  connman is simply a CLI
program that makes the same system calls as NM.

> If my outdatd Ubuntu proves to be the first and worst hurdle, I've got it
> bookmarked for future installs.

For me, Debian Testing with KDE "just works" with networking, except
when I must bring up WiFi and then coordinate with a web-based login.

--
Alison Chaiken
(650) 279-5600  (cell)                       {she-devel.com,