[Techtalk] Stumped - accessing site on local server

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Sun Feb 10 21:27:32 UTC 2013

On 02/10/2013 02:56 PM, Sheila Fenelon wrote:
> I assume you have not activated UserDir on the server and are attempting to use a URL
> likehttp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/~cslsa/
>
> If that is incorrect then ignore the rest of this and post your userdir.conf

userdir.conf:

<IfModulemod_userdir.c>
UserDir public_html
UserDir disabled root

<Directory /home/*/public_html>
AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit Indexes
Options Multiviews Indexes SymlinksIfOwnerMatch
IncludesNoExec
<Limit GET POST OPTIONS>
Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</Limit>
<LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS>
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
</LimitExcept>
</Directory>
</IfModule>

Reading through this I'm wondering if I am posting the site to the right
place.

Right now I have the default site [ 192.168.1.125 - the one that was the
It Works page from Apache2 ] located in /home/billieo0w/public/ . It
works just fine.

I have tried the "cslsa" site [ 192.168.1.125/~cslsa/ ] in
/home/billie0w/public and /var/www/public/. No luck.

--

“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.”
-Albert Einstein