[Techtalk] Accessing a web page on my server - update 3

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Thu Feb 7 00:55:50 UTC 2013

Eventually I want to serve my personal page from here from a server. I
have about 20 genealogy and history websites that I manage and a few
dozen more that I baby sit. Those will primarily remain hosted on
Rootsweb servers but I would like to be able to "serve" them locally
here to make sure things work before I upload to the Rootsweb server.
Kind of a web page test area. For that I think I need to have virtual
hosts.

Also, as it stands now if the server was connected to the web and
hosting my personal site anyone accessing the address would
automatically view the page. I would rather that it have an address more
like 192.168.1.125/~bilwalsh/ . Not just be the default page.