[Techtalk] Accessing a web page on my server - update 2

Maria McKinley monstermama at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 07:19:49 UTC 2013

I have this in my main site file in the sites-enabled folder.

        <IfModule mod_userdir.c>
            UserDir /home/*/http
        </IfModule>

        <Directory /home/*/http>
            Options MultiViews +Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch ExecCGI
            AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
#            IndexOptions ShowForbidden
            <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
            </Limit>
            <Limit PUT DELETE PATCH PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK>
                Order deny,allow
                Deny from all
            </Limit>
        </Directory>

We use http instead of public_html, but same concept.

Of course, like Chris said, userdir module has to be enabled.

sudo a2enmod userdir

cheers,
maria

Maria Mckinley