[Techtalk] Accessing a web page on my server

Kagan MacTane kagan at mactane.org
Sun Feb 3 03:19:24 UTC 2013

On 2/2/2013 7:12 PM, Billie Walsh wrote:
> On 02/02/2013 08:55 PM, Kathryn Hogg wrote:
>>
>> I don't use ubuntu but on Fedora 18, its disabled by default and they
>> provide /etc/http/conf.d/userdir.conf where you can uncomment a line
>> to enable and set the user dir.
>
> There's nothing like that in Ubuntu. There is an /etc/apache2/conf.d/
> but there is nothing in there about "userdir" or user much of anything.

There may not be such a file, but there should be a UserDir directive
somewhere in one of the *.conf or *.cf files in that directory.

Try 'grep UserDir /etc/apache2/conf.d/*' and see what you get. My guess
is, there'll be at least one line returned, but it'll be commented out.
My advice would be to open the file that contains it, look for that
line, and look for comments right before it.

--
Kagan ("Kai") MacTane
LAMP and AJAX web developer