[Techtalk] cgi-bin

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Tue Sep 11 10:53:57 UTC 2012

Hi,

My server runs Mailman for me and thus I access that via http to carry
out admin tasks.

My URL to that has /cgi-bin in the string. I don't see that on other
large sites, and I suppose it is part of the default set up of apache.

I don't know that I want to change it on account of all the ancillary
work involved in changing web pages, advertising, etc.

Nevertheless, should I change it for any security or technical concerns?

Although I connect to the server via ssh to do stuff, it is not (I hope)
accessible to all and sundry except for access to that link for
subscriptions. What I mean is that there is really nothing else on it,
my web site is hosted elsewhere.

Just wondering, and hoping all is well with you.

Anne.