[Techtalk] offsite backup for home users

Amanda Babcock Furrow alb at quandary.org
Fri Nov 16 02:06:28 UTC 2012

No one has mentioned Amazon S3 yet.  I'm pretty sure they're the
cheapest way to back up large amounts of stuff.  They've just
rolled out the ability to have your older S3 backups archived
to their new Glacier tape backup service.

I like to use s3fs to mount my S3 "buckets" via fusermount... but
that's not working atm since I'm on Ubuntu 10.4 and need to upgrade
to be able to compile it again, heh.

I can browse my S3 buckets on Android, too; there's an app.

Amanda