[Techtalk] Sound card gone missing - OSS/ALSA woes

Adric Net adric at adric.net
Tue Mar 20 19:54:01 UTC 2012

Hi Gwen,all

Is kudzu still around in RedHat/Fedora releases? That should do hardware
detection.
Another trick to see if Linux can see your card at all is to run lspic
-vv | more and look for your soundcard and bluetooth card. If they are
there but not in dmesg/alsa then you should get some information about
which chips you have (PCI ID) which may help you track down a driver.

hth,
adric