[Techtalk] Sound card gone missing - OSS/ALSA woes

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 07:38:27 UTC 2012

Hey there,

Gwen Morse wrote:

> alsaconf isn't on my system and checking google quickly it seems to
> be deprecated. Howvever, alsactl was listed as a possible
> alternative. It runs and tells me I have no sound cards installed.

I've read through this thread and I think I grew three grey hairs
just thinking about it. My son and I each have a shiny nickel that
we're willing to bet that no matter how this all turns out, it would
probably be quicker, easier, and less painful to reinstall the
operating system than to try to sort that out. (: (: (:

P.S. Tell your husband that's he's one up on me since I once wiped
out an entire partition (that wasn't backed up!) on a friend's
computer quite by accident while trying to be helpful. (:

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.