[Techtalk] Not Eben Upton

Alison Chaiken alchaiken at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 19:10:14 UTC 2012

> (which is a bit odd, as RPi is a non-profit organization and the
> others are produced commercially, so the difference is to be
> expected).

The price difference is to be expected because BeagleBoard and
Pandaboard have more features.   Texas Instruments *subsidizes* the
Pandaboard and loses money on each one sold.

The point is, Upton has needlessly criticized other projects in public
in a mean-spirited way.   This is not heroic behavior in my book.
Our community is full of other individuals who deserve recognition for
their selfless and generous behavior.     People like Bradley Kuhn,
Karen Sandler and Deb Nicholson inspire me, not to mention more
obscure laborers on the projects I work on, who tirelessly answer my
stupid questions.   Pandaboard's mailing list and IRC are full of such
people, which is why Upton's comments personally hurt me.

--
Alison Chaiken
(650) 279-5600  (cell)                       {she-devel.com,