[Techtalk] Mbox command line exploration

tauscher at abwesend.de tauscher at abwesend.de
Thu Jun 30 09:41:58 UTC 2011

Hi Linuxchix,

I've got a Java application processing bounced mail. Since Dovecot wasn't running for a while, incoming bounces have piled up. Now the application throws errors during processing. I don't know under which conditions mail processing was interrupted and therefor don't know whether the mailbox is corrupted or there is some special case in a certain mail. Before setting up a debugging scenario with that data, I'd like to inspect the mailbox from the command line.

Probably this is simple to answer, but I just don't know where to start, cause I'm not familiar with command line mailbox handling. Maybe somebody can give an overview?

Cheers,
Helga