[Techtalk] good chain from exim4 and maildir to webmail and mutt?

Monique Y. Mudama monique at bounceswoosh.org
Sun Jan 30 04:34:21 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 29 at 10:52, Monique Y. Mudama penned:
> I'm not committed to anything yet; just playing around to see what
> options I might have.

In case anyone is following this saga ...

I'm pretty happy with what I've gotten so far: exim4 MTA, then dovecot
for IMAP.  I have both mutt (console) and roundcube (web mail) talking
to the IMAP server; I didn't realize how cool it would be to have my
Draft and Sent messages available across both mutt and the web client.
Pretty slick!  I decided that having mutt talk directly to Maildir
would be a little confusing, since the IMAP server enforces stricter
naming conventions.  Procmail, of course, still talks directly to
Maildir ...

So we'll see. I'm not ready to move over to the new server for mail
yet, but I'm a lot closer.  It will be exciting to get off of a server
that has a 10+ year old system drive ... I've just been waiting for it
to give up the ghost.

--
monique