[Techtalk] Drupal and Apache

Michelle Murrain michelle at murrain.net
Fri Jan 28 18:18:19 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I'm running into an interesting problem with a Drupal website. It's a
graphic-heavy site with moderate traffic, on a VPS (slicehost). At one
point, Apache was completely maxing out the CPU (although not the
memory, which is much more often the problem.) It seems quite strange,
actually - there was something that shifted to start maxing out the
CPU, but I can't figure out what it was.

I've reduced the MaxChildRequests from unlimited to 2000.

One possible thing I thought of was to use the RLimitCPU directive -
but I can't find great examples for what kind of values to use with
this directive.

Suggestions?

TIA!

Peace,
Michelle
--
Michelle Murrain
michelle at murrain.net
Blog/site: http://murrain.net

“The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that
the necessary may speak.” (Hans Hofmann)