[Techtalk] Callcentric softphone suggestions?

mgmonza at sdf.lonestar.org mgmonza at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Feb 17 23:06:51 UTC 2011

Hello, all,

Has anyone gotten Callcentric to work on any softphone on Ubuntu?

I'm using Ubuntu for the first time on my IBM laptop, and can't find a
softphone that works with this provider.

I keep getting the error message "security check failed" with Egiga,
though I've tried every possible valid configuration.  Twinkle gave me a
horrifying continuous log after I tried to register the account.

Information on the internet is sparse;  I've tried every suggestion there
I could find as well and none worked.

So if anyone's actually gotten Callcentric to work with a Linux softphone,
I'd really appreciate know how you did that.

Thanks -

MG