[Techtalk] My son is a network hog -- limiting usage on one computer (fedora 15)?

Jennifer oneferna at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 17:34:59 UTC 2011

Depending on your modem, it might already have built in software that does
this by ip address. What modem do you have? Also it this a wired or
wireless network?

The last time I had to setup an appliance to do something like this was
about 10 years ago, so I'm sure I'm out of date.

But I get it and I'm not taking the "suck it up or get out" approach
because I remember doing this to my poor parents and I really didn't mean
to back-in-the-day. It's very easy when you're online a lot to go over
limits, especially in this netflix age. That said,  I think 1GB is way too
small and that 5GB a month is probably more reasonable before you take
action.