[Techtalk] Ubuntu menu falling apart

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 00:42:50 UTC 2010

Hey there,

Anne Wainwright wrote:
> Little Girl wrote:
> > Anne Wainwright wrote:

> > > Thanks for all the suggestions but I did not solve the issue
> > > this way. I did try, renamed the directories with a .old
> > > extension. But a restart did not return to anything like a
> > > default situation.

> > Did you rename the .gnome and .gconf directories or just
> > the .gnome ones? You might have to rename them both.

> Both, without luck

For the heck of it, I went into the Ubuntu channel on IRC and asked
if there's a new way of resetting the panels in Ubuntu. One person
said that the method I recommended still works, but would be a pretty
violent thing to do since it would also reset other applications (as
mentioned by someone else in here in this thread). Ubottu recommended
typing this in a terminal to reset the panels:

gconftool --recursive-unset /apps/panel && killall gnome-panel

No idea if it would work, but it's worth keeping it filed away
somewhere in case it's ever needed. (:

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.