[Techtalk] Network Monitoring Tools

Ricardo Dalceno rddalceno at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 18:17:41 UTC 2010

Hi Linda,

zabbix.com and zabbix.org are the same. Zabbix is a really good choice (but
i still prefer to use Nagios). I think you will have to try the choices and
see which one better fits on your needs.
These are some monitoring tools that you may want to try:

Zabbix http://www.zabbix.org
ZenOSS  http://www.zenoss.com
Cacti  http://www.cacti.net

Maybe, the best solution is not to use only one but a set of tools like
Nagios+Cacti (for example).
Anyway. you will have to try them and choose which one (or combination of
tools) better fits on your needs.

Good luck,

2010/11/3 Linda de Boer <ldb at swmbo.ca>

> G'day
>
> I was looking into similar alternatives to Nagios and alot of folks seem to
> like Zabbix. Are they still around? No matter which url I try, it can't seem
> to find the site. I found two "www.zabbix.org" and "www.zabbix.com". Seems
> odd, I've found entries on forums of folks giving these urls as recent as
> June 2010. Anybody using it?
>
> Thanks
> ldb

Ricardo D. Dalceno