[Techtalk] Gimp etc

A. Mani a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 23:06:49 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 11:13 PM, Akkana Peck <akkana at shallowsky.com> wrote:

> Agreed. He might have had valid issues -- it just wasn't possible
> to tell from the report that was forwarded. If this relates to a
> real program that's trying to introduce open source software
> somewhere, and if this person was in a position to make official
> recommendations, I hope someone went back to him and tried to find
> out what the actual problems were and whether they had solutions.
> (And I hope no decision is being made solely on the basis of such
> a vague hand-waving report.)

Yes things have progressed. He had to be pressurised to respond.
You can find details in the thread(s) in the mailing list. He was
trying to test foss tools in M$ windows according to his proprietary
hangover.   (Details are at
http://indradg.randomink.org/blog/archives/155   also 154). For
example, what will happen if you try to use the directx API with
audacity in M$Windows?

Threads:
http://www.ilug-cal.info/pipermail/linux-discussion/2010-March/thread.html
http://lists.fosscom.in/pipermail/network-fosscom.in/2010-March/002267.html

Yes, we will be developing CBTs with FOSS tools.

Best

A. Mani

--
A. Mani