[Techtalk] power supply

Chris Wilson chris+linuxchix at aptivate.org
Thu Mar 4 08:45:37 UTC 2010

Hi Maria,

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Maria McKinley wrote:

> I bought a used 3-u rack mounted computer case. The case is set up to
> have the power supply in the front, and there is connector in the rear
> of the case that then connects to the normal power jack on the outside.
> Here is a photo: http://www.shadlen.org/maria/Main/StuffForMe. I am
> looking for a power supply that has such a connector, but not sure how
> to go about it. Haven't seen anything on various computer websites. Does
> anyone know where to get such a power supply?

That's not really a "connector", it's intended to have a cable soldered
onto it. Either buy a cable with a female IEC on one end, cut off the
other end and solder the wires to this "connector", or find a
case-mountable IEC male to female cable, which your local electronics shop
should be able to help you with.

Cheers, Chris.
--
Aptivate | http://www.aptivate.org | Phone: +44 1223 760887
The Humanitarian Centre, Fenner's, Gresham Road, Cambridge CB1 2ES

with company number 04980791.