[Techtalk] Seeking info on Project Marianne

Vaijayanti R. Eichenberger rupa at codechix.org
Mon Jun 28 18:37:00 UTC 2010

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has come across any information on Project Marianne
led by Prof. Donald Knuth. Apparently, there are a relatively large number
of coders that are working on this project and I am curious to know what
this project is about. Apparently, it's very hush hush.

Last I heard, it seemed to be related to the "Marianne" which was a ship
that came from the Old World (England/Europe) to the New World (Americas)
and, perhaps, this project has something to do with social gaming?

Just trying to get the word out about this to see if anyone has any
information on this or knows someone who might have info on this.
If anyone is going to attend TUG this Wed. (6/30) in San Francisco, perhaps
they could get some info on this and share :).

Thanks in advance for responses,
- Rupa