[Techtalk] bash

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 23:14:55 UTC 2010

Hey there,

Maria McKinley wrote:

> Quick question, hopefully not too dumb. I want to export a variable
> to be available to everyone when they log on, but it seems that
> when one ssh's in to our machines, the /etc/bash.bashrc isn't being
> read. Where else can I put it?

I see that you've already gotten help on this, but for some reason
this reminded me of a neat little thing you can do to jazz up SSH
for your users. If you edit the /etc/motd file, you can change what
people see when they log on, so if you'd like them to see ASCII art
or a specific message, you can have some fun. (:

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.