[Techtalk] Copyright of Audio books

agoats at compuserve.com agoats at compuserve.com
Fri Jul 23 23:12:20 UTC 2010

You might have to do some checking on export rules et al, but have you
considered doing plain mp3 files with a steganografic twist?

This is a technique of encrypting a file which you would use as a
fingerprint and encoding it into the mp3 file. No one would notice the
file since mp3's are lossy, but your fingerprint would remain. Do this
without anyone's knowledge and they can do anything they want with the
id3 tag, but the binary fingerprint would still be embedded into the
audio stream.

As for the file you encrypt, it could be a graphic image, text message
or whatever. Keep it small and you should be able to encrypt it into
some very small mp3's.

Alvin