[Techtalk] Ubuntu 10.4 LTS

Jan rathgild at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 19:47:21 UTC 2010

On 15/07/10 19:30, Carla Schroder wrote:
> Another thought--  much of the time this is a video issue, such as slow buggy
> drivers, an old feeble video card, or a video card that is not
> well-supported. I don't know how to diagnose this, though I know there are
> tools to test video performance, I haven't taken the time to study up on it.
> A quick test is to install a minimal window manager like Fluxbox, Blackbox,
> FVWM etc. and run all your usual apps to see if there is a difference.
>
> Carla

I think you might have hit the nail on the head there.  I (or rather my
husband) has been looking through the upgraded packages and it seems
that the nvidia supported drivers are almost non existant.  I'm
currently doing the trawl through google to find out what I need to make
things work and see if it resolves the issues.  I'm aware that nvidia
support can be erratic so I might need to do a fair bit of work on this.

Again thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Regards

Jan
Edinburgh