[Techtalk] Ubuntu 10.4 LTS

Bethany Seeger bethany at seeger.ws
Thu Jul 15 14:45:39 UTC 2010

Hi Jan,

I'm using that version on a X31 laptop -- I've got an Intel(R)
Pentium(R) M processor 1400MHz  with 1 gig of RAM.  Mine runs pretty
quickly -- like maybe a wild rabbit who licked Valium.  It's not fast,
but workable for the development I do on it.

Hope this helps.  The last version of Ubuntu on this machine was the
snail on Valium and we had to skip a release.

-Bethany

On 07/15/2010 10:37 AM, rathgild at gmail.com wrote:
> I've finally taken the plunge and upgraded to Ubuntu 10.4 and I'm seriously wishing I hadn't.  Since the upgrade my system

  is running about as slow as a snail on valium.  I'm not doing anything
particularly taxing (running thunderbird, xchat, a

web browser, and the occasional bout of einstein's game) and my machine
has a duel core AMD processor with 1GB ram.

It's been more than adequate until the upgrade, but now is behaving as
though it on it's last legs.