[Techtalk] $ who issue

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Tue Jul 13 23:13:09 UTC 2010

Hello, Anne,

You are a klutz. Check this problem out again, what happens is not
exactly as described.

If you connect via any workstation terminal it does work as advertised.
What happens is that if a workstation is connected via an application,
in this instance kexi accessing postgresql on the server, then _that_
does not show up on a 'who'.

Not quite the same.

Without logging on as a postgresql user and issuing the psql command
'\du' is there any way of detecting someone so connected to that
server?

Thanks
Anne