[Techtalk] going green

Lana Brindley lbrindle at redhat.com
Thu Jul 1 20:28:10 UTC 2010

On 07/01/2010 04:56 PM, Maria McKinley wrote:

> Wow, that's very cool, thanks. Is the condor stuff in the MRG Grid the
> same as the condor stuff from University of Wisconsin? I've heard good
> things about it. Not sure I'm ready to switch back to Redhat, though.
> Looking at several resource managers/grid sorts of solutions right now,
> including condor.
>
> thanks,
> maria

Yep. Condor at the University of Wisconsin is upstream for MRG Grid.
Condor is in use in a huge amount of places, and has quite a solid
reputation. MRG Grid is one part of a larger suite that also contains
Messaging and Realtime (thus the acronym, pronounced "merge"). So, use
Condor if you only want grid computing. Use MRG if you want to integrate
the other stuff as well.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm 'selling', it wasn't my intention.

Lana

--
Lana Brindley
Content Author II