[Techtalk] RESOLVED Name Service Lookup Fails Under Wordpress

Kai MacTane kai at mactane.org
Fri Jan 22 19:00:51 UTC 2010

Sheila Fenelon wrote:
> Kai MacTane wrote:
>> Sheila Fenelon wrote:
>>> www.dreamhost.org - where is that coming from?
>> The LJXP plugin has a configuration page that asks for the info for the
>> LJ (or compatible) account that it should be crossposting to. You enter
>> the hostname, account name, and password, plus a couple of other options
>> for stuff like text that says "This was crossposted from [wherever]."
>
> But shouldn't the hostname be www.dreamwidth.org ?

Sheila, you're a genius! And a sharp-eyed one, at that.

I mistyped the hostname when I was setting up the configuration. I do
not have enough *headdesk* to describe my chagrin, but thank you ever so
much! Having corrected that, the whole thing works beautifully.

Thank you!

Kagan D. MacTane                                       kai at mactane.org
Web Developer                                   http://kai.mactane.org
LAMP/PHP * AJAX * Ruby On Rails            http://twitter.com/kmactane