[Techtalk] no boot after replacing cpu cooler

Ande's Help .Net Info info at andeshelp.net
Fri Jan 15 12:00:25 UTC 2010

Hi Carla,

2 Questions.

What is the motherboard?

What is the Power Supply?

Ande

-----Original Message-----
From: techtalk-bounces at linuxchix.org [mailto:techtalk-bounces at linuxchix.org]
On Behalf Of Carla Schroder
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:40 PM
To: techtalk at linuxchix.org
Subject: [Techtalk] no boot after replacing cpu cooler

This is my Bad Computers week... I have a new Phenom X3. I replaced the
stock
CPU cooler with an Arctic Cooling Freezer64, which is supposed to be all
wonderful and fabulous and stuff like that. My PC does not boot with the new

heatsink, it doesn't even post. It powers up and fans come on, but that's
it.

When I put the old heatsink back in, it's back to normal and everything
works.
Any bright ideas?

checklist:
Yes, I clean off old thermal paste and apply new
Yes, it's installed the right way :)
No, there is no thermal paste glopped & creating shorts

thanks,
Carla