[Techtalk] Cannot get LAMP mysql or php to start

Leslie MacDougall lesmacdee at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 10:52:35 UTC 2010

Hi Wim, don't know if this helps:

> dpkg -l gave:
> ii mysql-client 5.1.30really5. MySQL database client (metapackage depending
> ii mysql-client-5 5.1.30really5. MySQL database client binaries
> ii mysql-common 5.1.30really5. MySQL database common files
> ii mysql-server 5.1.30really5. MySQL database server (metapackage depending
> ii mysql-server-5 5.1.30really5. MySQL database server binaries
> ii mysql-server-c 5.1.30really5. MySQL database core server files

I had the above result saved from a former email to a friend. Also
results for the following if you want them.
mysqld_safe &
mysqladmin -u root
sudo /etc/init.d/mysqld start
sudo apt-get install mysql-common mysql-server php5-mysql mysql-client

Unfortunately I cannot even open a terminal before my computer
crashes. (I am sending this email from someone else's windows machine
:'( !!)
Any suggestions as to how I can get mine to stay on long enough to
find and kill the configuration job?

Thanks, Leslie :)