[Techtalk] no boot after replacing cpu cooler

agoats at compuserve.com agoats at compuserve.com
Fri Jan 15 03:40:46 UTC 2010

Check the current draw of the stock and Arctic Cooling Freezer. If the
Arctic is pulling more power to run than the stock cooler, you can have
everything happen as mentioned. Going back lowers the power draw and
everything works as normal.

You might see if you can run the Arctic from a different power source
like the disk drive cables. This may mean you have to go into the BIOS
and disable some functions to ignore monitoring fan speed...

Alvin