[Techtalk] Termcap info for Tandberg TDV2215/TDV2230 terminals?

Magni Onsoien magnio+lc-techtalk at pvv.ntnu.no
Sat Feb 13 17:22:37 UTC 2010

On 2010-02-13 09:00:28 -0600, Tuzemi said:
> On Saturday 13 February 2010 07:55:45 am Magni Onsoien wrote:
> > Does anyone happen to have access to a pretty archaic system with
> > termcap info files for Tandberg TDV2215 or TDV2230 terminals?
> > The termcap info may be called ta2215 or ta2230.
> >
> > My husband is setting up some terminals for a film project, and can't
> > find the right termcap files.
> >
> > Doesn't know what Tandberg terminals are? Take a look here:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TDV_2200
> > And you can be pretty certain you don't have these files if you don't
> > already know what Tandberg terminals are :-)
> >

> > Magni :)
>
> You might consider contacting Thomas E. Dickey (http://invisible-island.net/),
> the author/maintainer of xterm and ncurses.  He's very knowledgable and often
> responds quickly.  If he doesn't have it, he'll almost certainly know who
> does.

Thanks for the tip!

The brave hackers ended up using Yahoo searching for termcaps, and found
http://www.pvv.org/~steinarh/tc-ahj

Incidentally 'steinarh' is the guy besides my husband working on this
project, so I guess they were a bit annoyed he didn't know the contents
of his own web space very well when they dug up this page...

Thanks for any hints, looks like they are done now (phewh!).

Magni :)
--
sash is very good for you.