[Techtalk] rsyslog remote logging

Maria McKinley maria at shadlen.org
Wed Feb 3 22:38:30 UTC 2010

Hello,

I have remote logging working for a debian box in my lab, and it is
currently logging all messages from the client into one file. I was
wondering how hard it would be to set it up so that it is essentially
duplicating the file structure of the client in a subdirectory of the
/var/log directory of the server? Iow, there would be a directory
/var/log/client/auth.log, /var/log/client/daemon.log, etc. on the
server. Has anyone tried to set something like this up?

thanks,
maria