[Techtalk] Display errors

David Sumbler david at aeolia.co.uk
Sat Aug 28 14:43:57 UTC 2010

I have a new hand-held PC, running Ubuntu Jaunty (9.04).  I had to send
the original one back because of a faulty modem, and today received the
replacement.  I have been setting things up again the way I had them
before, including updating the packages (but not the distro version),
which previously didn't seem to cause a problem.

However, this time, when I reboot, I get the following:

Ubuntu is running in low-graphics mode
The following error was encountered.  You may need
to update your configuration to solve this.

(EE) PSB(0): the stolenBase is:0x3f800000
(EE) PSB(0): screnIndex is:0;fbPhys
is:9x3f800000; fbsize is:0x007bf000
(EE) [drm] drmOpen failed.
(EE) PSB(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit failed.
Disabling DRI.
(EE) [drm] Could not uninstall irq handler.
(EE) PSB(0): This driver currently needs DRM to operate.

Can anyone suggest what I need to do about this?

David

--
David Sumbler <david at aeolia.co.uk>